Aged 5,6 or 7? Click here to find Hector on the Thinkuknow website.
If you are aged between 8 and 10, Click here to access the Cyber Cafe to test your knowledge of online safety.
In order to access the Internet at Forton School, you have discussed and signed the following rules.
- I will only use ICT in school for school purposes.
- I will not bring equipment e.g. a mobile phone or mobile games consoles into school unless specifically asked by my teacher.
- I will only use the Internet and/or online tools when a trusted adult is present.
- I will only use my class e‐mail address or my own school email address when emailing.
- I will not deliberately look for, save or send anything that could be unpleasant or nasty.
- I will not deliberately bring in inappropriate electronic materials from home.
- I will not deliberately look for, or access inappropriate websites.
- If I accidentally find anything inappropriate I will tell my teacher immediately.
- I will only communicate online with people a trusted adult has approved.
- I will make sure that all ICT contact with other children and adults is responsible, polite and sensible.
- I will not give out my own, or others’, details such as names, phone numbers or home addresses.
- I will not tell other people my ICT passwords.
- I will not arrange to meet anyone that I have met online.
- I will only open/delete my own files.
- I will not attempt to download or install anything on to the school network without permission.
- I will be responsible for my behaviour when using ICT because I know that these rules are to keep me safe.
- I know that my use of ICT can be checked and that my parent/ carer contacted if a member of school staff is concerned about my eSafety.
- I understand that failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy may result in disciplinary steps being taken in line with the school’s Behaviour Policy.