Forton is a small village in North Lancashire. The original school was first established in 1878 in the typical Victorian style of school building. Between 1968 and 1972, a new school was built on the opposite side of School Lane. The former school building is now used as the Village Hall.
The school sits in a delightful rural setting, of which the most attractive feature is the dell at the front of the school. This was originally a village pond but has been converted to an attractive wooded dell. Immediately adjacent to the school is the new village pond, known as ‘The Pit’ (or House Field Pond), recently imaginatively restored.
Forton Primary school has a very friendly, caring, happy working atmosphere and enjoys an excellent reputation in the local community.